Yay! One about travel…
1. What is your dream vacation?
There are so many… But one that Daniel and I have been planning pretty much since we met is the Trans-Mongolian Railway. We always said we would go for our 30th birthdays, which are next year, and it just so happens that we will be leaving Korea/Asia then, so it will really work out! We will go from Beijing through Mongolia and Russia to Moscow and St. Petersburg.
2. What has been your favorite trip so far in your life?
The time spend in Italy while backpacking around Europe after college. Cinque Terre and Venice were so beautiful, wine was literally cheaper than water, and the food was delicious. I would love to go back again with Daniel. Second favorite would have to be when I took my mom to the Grand Canyon for her 50th birthday… it was breathtaking!
3. If you and one of your best friends could go anywhere in the world for one week, where would it be and why?
I think next on my list are Peru and Iceland…
4. Have you ever booked a trip using an online deal? How did it go?
Usually I book flights and hotels etc. separately but Daniel and I did go to the Dominican Republic with a package deal and it was nice and easy: transportation was taken care of and we stayed at an all-inclusive resort. Unfortunately both of us suffered from “Montezuma’s revenge”.
5. What’s your favorite thing to do while you’re on vacation?
Enjoy the natural beauty of the area. If the cuisine is good then eat! It really difficult for me to “do nothing” for an entire vacation.
6. Have you ever missed an opportunity to take a trip that you regret?
No, I think I’ve missed the oppotunity to stay home and relax! I travel whenever possible.
7. You travel far away from home and get stranded with no way to buy anything… What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
8. What’s one of your favorite traveling memories?
I have so many… Most recently, Daniel having his shoes shined against his will in China. It was hilarious.
9. All included resort or backpacking? Why?
I like to do the all-inclusive/cruise thing sometimes but I usually backpack it.
10. Are you more of a lie on the beach kind of person on vacation, or do you prefer to see the sights?
See the sights!
Original post can be found here.